[OpenID] OAuth SPs don't have to be your OpenID OP

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Sat Apr 4 07:44:01 UTC 2009

Johannes & Nat,

Shibboleth has been using this architectural separation for many,
many years and it's proven flexible and useful.  Authentication
providers are rarely found separate from attribute providers, and the
discovery service is more frequently associated with the service
provider than anyone else, but it's a very clean model.

Run with it,
Nate.