[OpenID] OAuth SPs don't have to be your OpenID OP

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 04:24:38 UTC 2009

> Why should OpenID support OAuth at all? OpenID can stand on its own. All
> OpenID needs to do is address the concerns of RP's and users.

Why?  Because in your own words "OpenID needs to ... address the concerns of
RPs and users".  OAuth protects users, and aids RPs.  Yes, OpenID and OAuth
can and do stand on their own.  But if they are to be used together, it can
be confusing and cumbersome to users unless we work to streamline the
process.

Pure and simple.