[OpenID] OAuth vs. AX

John Bradley john.bradley at wingaa.com
Sat Apr 4 03:36:28 UTC 2009

Andrew,

I think Google and Plaxo have a prototype openID + oAuth flow that
they are using.

You are correct I have never seen AX push in the wild.   We skipped
over the OSIS tests for that because I thought it was too obscure at
the moment.

I think that the openID + oAuth flow is one that we are going to see
more of.  I would rather spend time developing an interop around that,
than AX push.
Sorry AX authors.

On the other hand if Google thinks the UI for optional AX attributes
is too complicated, I cant wait to see the oAuth interface so a user
can go in and see all there connections for different services and RPs
and de-provision them if they want to.

FYI I am also mulling around some oAuth + infocard ideas.   We also
have a infocard as OP free openID (Yes UCI fans no OP) demo to build
one day:)

John Bradley