[OpenID] My 2 Cents to the OpenID foundation

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Fri Apr 3 05:24:32 UTC 2009

>I only wish all OP's support transport layer encryption so that we dont get
>in to such headaches. Maybe we should look into this for 2.1

While we're at it, can we have all users submit to genetic screening,
fingerprints, retina scans, blood samples, surrender of all extrinsic
personal data to a central (government) authority, and have traitor
bombs implanted in their skulls so we can detonate it remotely if
they do the evil things that make all this security necessary? For
version 3.0, of course ;)

If users want identity they must accept what is necessary for their
security (which is a part of that identity) - for *all* of our
security. By the time we've made OpenID perfectly secure, it will
also be perfectly useless - which of course is perfectly fair, since
those who are unwilling to sacrifice any of their security for
convenience deserve neither.

-Shade tap-dances across B.F.'s grave