[OpenID] Live Icons for visual recognition of IDP logos

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Apr 2 20:44:56 UTC 2009

Try plaxo. Login using an openid. Goto account  management. Add another openid in the box (which induces login screen to appear to OP to authenticate/authorized the binding). Done.

Want to delete a binding? Guess what! Some really advanced UI has you pick one (after logon) and delete it from the account management properties.

Remember openid websso (like SAML websso) is *mostly* deployed in simple session translation mode. Once you are on the RP site having been introduced by openid auth-controlled "intermediating" sessions, it’s the RP session that thenceforth controls auth/authz on the webapp, not the OP. So, you can delete any session translation service (aka openid binding) - even the one that got you to that particular RP session. It's completed its job.