[OpenID] Live Icons for visual recognition of IDP logos

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Apr 2 02:19:12 UTC 2009

There seem 3 main technical choices, for _mainstream_ failure engineering addressing OPs (or suspension/cessation of assertion-minting privileges by the OP, under its terms of service).

RPs normally bind multiple openids to the account
RPs host a new vanity XRDS, delegating to both the introducing OP and to at least itself (as a fallback  OP)
RPs offer account recovery/restoration, based on some or other authentication scheme

My wife just had an unpleasant ebay experience, leading ebay to suspend her account after 3 years happy-ebaying (after some merchant made a (dubious in my independent view) allegation, but who played the trust game under ebay's reputation rules MUCH better than she did). Loss of the ebay auction privileges was no great shakes (Peter is less poor this month, than last). But ...Ah, sorry.! Now No more access to "your" photos on photoshare.com  for you , dear _former_ ebay-susbcriber.