[OpenID] Live Icons for visual recognition of IDP logos

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:39:17 UTC 2009

If there are buttons, one with the OpenID logo should be one of them,
allowing the user to use their own provider.  That's my only requirement.
Let the RPs pick which OPs to list.  Those RPs will need to trust those OPs
anyway.  Whether they trust them to authenticate users for banking, or
whether they trust them to just not go belly-up and thereby locking out
their users from their accounts at that RP, some trust should be implied by
an RP listing OP logos.

If an OP isn't popular enough to make it onto an RP's preferred list, that's
the OP's incentive to work with the RP to earn some screen real estate.  If
the OP already has users and wants its users to be able to log into
arbitrary RPs that may not have put the OPs logo on the login panel, the
onus is on the OP to educate their users as to how to use the OpenID button
at the RP by entering the user or OP identifier.

My two cents.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death