[OpenID] Live Icons for visual recognition of IDP logos

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Apr 1 23:37:01 UTC 2009

Just an idea that came to me while thinking about the OpenID Selector
widget. The more sites to adopt OpenID as an IDP, the more logos
we're likely to have, and then a Selector would either showcase an
overwhelming number of icons trying to give users of every service
something they'd recognize, or discriminate between IDP's in showing
users only a limited selection trying to keep it simple. How about a
small area, with an animated (perhaps cycling through icons, perhaps
a scrolling "banner") display of all the known/popular IDP's, but
only a few at a time?

-Shade