[OpenID] CAS OpenID server

Johan Peeters peeters_johan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:34:13 UTC 2009

Hi

I am trying to set up an OpenID server using CAS and a OpenID consumer using the Zend-Framework. The consumer I've built works with other OpenID servers, so I suppose it is correctly working. On the other hand, the OpenID server isn't working yet.

When I connect with my OpenID consumer to my OpenID server, I get an error on consumer side saying:
Association failed: Association failed: The returned assoc_type
    differed from the supplied openid.assoc_type

This error occurs when the Zend-framework is trying to do the '_associate'-function, it connects to the login-page of the CAS-server (which returns a loginpage instead of the request parameters).

I specified the CAS-login page ('https://www.myExampleCasServer.be/cas/login') in the
<link rel="openid.server"
href="https://www.myExampleCasServer.be/cas/login"
/> in the personal page as the server endpoint. But this page isn't able to return the request parameters as needed in the above '_associate'-function.
https://www.myExampleCasServer.be/cas/login
Does anyone know what I do wrong? Or is there something wrong in the reasoning above?

Thanks,

Johan Peeters