[OpenID] OpenID Biz Case, etc

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Wed Apr 1 02:28:32 UTC 2009

I would suggest that you can also leverage a lot of research that OpenID
sites (both RPs and OPs) have performed in terms of making authentication
more user-friendly, to where it can:

1. Improve the percentage of users that complete the account creation flow
in your site.
2. Improve the percentage of users that have a more complete profile in your
site (this is particularly significant for OPs that support attribute
exchange/simple registration/or some form of authorization protocol to
exchange further information from the user account, such as OAuth).
3. Potentially improve on the percentage of signed-in users visiting your
site when comparing the situation of traditional login flows.

After all, business cases are about showing the mondy.

Google's own research is available at the public site:

http://sites.google.com/site/oauthgoog/UXFedLogin

Cheers,

--Breno (Google).

--Breno