No subject

Fri Apr 24 22:39:51 UTC 2009

and it's very confusing for users, regardless of what behavior you implement
("sign out only for this site", "sign out of this site and all other
sites.")

For now, I think the dominant case in OpenID is simply to provide a sign out
mechanism for the local site, and to not worry about signing them out of
their identity provider (though you could provide instructions on how to do
that if you wish).

Chris

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Jen Williams <jen at networkedplanet.com>wrote:

> Our site currently uses windows live for authentication which means that
> when a user signs out it only signs them out of our website - I then provide
> another button if they wish to sign out completely of windows live. I'm
> adding support to login using OpenID as well - do I need to provide a
> similar function? Or is the OpenID only ever authenticating the user for our
> website and therefore they don't need to do anything else after logging
> out....
> Thanks! (and sorry for the newbiness of the question!)
>
> Jen

Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate

factoryjoe.com // diso-project.org // openid.net // vidoop.com

--000e0cd2958ad6fbdc0469cdbddb

The simple answer is that single sign-out does not currently exist in OpenI=
one some research here and it&#39;s very confusing for users, regardless of=
 what behavior you implement (&quot;sign out only for this site&quot;, &quo=
t;sign out of this site and all other sites.&quot;)</div>
to provide a sign out mechanism for the local site, and to not worry about =
signing them out of their identity provider (though you could provide instr=
uctions on how to do that if you wish).</div>
 2009 at 4:35 PM, Jen Williams <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jen@=
kquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #cc=
c solid;padding-left:1ex;">
Our site currently uses windows live for authentication which means that wh=
en a user signs out it only signs them out of our website - I then provide =
another button if they wish to sign out completely of windows live. I&#39;m=
 adding support to login using OpenID as well - do I need to provide a simi=
lar function? Or is the OpenID only ever authenticating the user for our we=
bsite and therefore they don&#39;t need to do anything else after logging o=
ut....
general mailing list<br>
tp://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/general</a><br>
 // <a href=3D"http://diso-project.org">diso-project.org</a> // <a href=3D"=
http://openid.net">openid.net</a> // <a href=3D"http://vidoop.com">vidoop.c=
om</a><br>
This email is: =A0 [ ] bloggable =A0 =A0[X] ask first =A0 [ ] private<br>

--000e0cd2958ad6fbdc0469cdbddb--