[OpenID] OpenID and Friendfeed

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:24:23 UTC 2009

David Recordon wrote:

>  Another approach is when you login with a new identifier, to ask
> if you already have an account and let you merge then.

Yes, but this is a problem because there is no way the site can be sure that
I am the owner of the account that I am trying to merge without verifying me
again.

When I logged in with Facebook, it created a new account. When I added my
email address, Friendfeed had to verify my email address again! That is the
only way they can merge the account. Now Facebook has already verified the
account. If they had provided the email address it could have been done
seemlessly.

I think we need to push for SREG email support from all OP's and make it
easier for RP's to implement OpenID.

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com