[OpenID] Yahoo and localhost

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jan 30 20:51:20 UTC 2008

Hi Danny,

The Yahoo OP requires that your RP run on a standard port (80 or 443)
and that you have a real hostname (no IP addresses allowed). We decided
to do this to keep things consistent with the security polices that we
have with Yahoo BBAuth.

We have a FAQ posted on the Yahoo Developer Network site, and we'll be
updating it we get more questions.

http://developer.yahoo.com/openid/faq.html

Questions regarding Yahoo OpenID should be sent here:
openid-feedback at yahoo-inc.com
The Yahoo OpenID engineering team is monitoring that list and will be
happy to answer questions about integrating with our OP.

Thanks
Allen