[OpenID] Yahoo and localhost

Ian Fischer itfische at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:35:55 UTC 2008

While I can't speak for what Yahoo is doing, I can offer the following
work-around:

The domain localhacks.com is setup so that all subdomains
(*.localhacks.com) point to 127.0.0.1.  If your server is listening at
localhost, you should be able to just type in foo.localhacks.com for
testing after appropriate editing of your server config to map
foo.localhacks.com.

I use this extensively to allow for easy development of multiple sites
on one computer, but it should be useful here as well.  Hopefully this
gives Yahoo what they're looking for.

-- Ian Fischer