[OpenID] Laws of id, openid with ssl

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Jan 24 23:55:43 UTC 2008

I'm comfortable with that flow, as addressing a "UCI" version of the control objective that law 4 seems to aiming for.

Rather than law 4 be to do with assured discovery (which address multiple OPs supporting n regimes of private id provisioning/asserting), in openid2 law 4 is addressed WITHIN the openid auth protocol machine, ONLY. That is: send the OP identifier and let an interactive page on the OP allow the user to select which of the private identities/cards managed by that OP may be (a) created/provisioned, and/or (b) sent back.

Was the flow I described consistent with the objective of the security control expressed in law 4, anyone?

Presumably, if it _is_ consistent, it is not "the" openid directed-identity model, but it is "a" directed-identity model.

we clearly should take up the suggestion of writing engineering notes - i.e. non normative documents that "authoritatively" discuss such topics. Version 1 is presumably nothing more than 1 page, reformating Dick's email - with a few comments added.