[OpenID] Laws of id, openid with ssl

Gabe Wachob gwachob at wachob.com
Thu Jan 24 22:30:28 UTC 2008

Peter-
   I've pointed this out too (having been at Visa until relatively recently,
and having done work on 3-D Secure in the last two years). The real tragedy
was that the 3-D Secure protocol and all the implementation details were
behind a wall of non-disclosure and licensing (for no particularly good
reason, as far as I could tell - maybe some patent issues - I don't open).
   Just another reason why *Open*ID will win over closed protocols like 3-D
secure in the end, I think - even if OpenID has to deal with the lack of a
managed risk model "out of the box".

     -Gabe

Gabe Wachob / gwachob at wachob.com \ http://blog.wachob.com