[OpenID] Clarifiction Spec 1.1 v 2.0

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Fri Jan 4 20:21:26 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 10:41 AM, Johnny Bufu <johnny at sxip.com> wrote:
> > We think Spec 2.0: 11.4.2.2 should include openid.mode
> >
> > Can someone clarify if the spec is wrong or whether it is left out on
> > purpose?
>
> I believe it's an overlook / typo in the v1.1 spec, because:
>
> - there's no need for a mode parameter in direct responses
> - association responses in v1.1 also don't have a mode parameter
> - everywhere else (1.1 and 2.0) direct response parameters are not
> prefixed with "openid."

Johnny's dead on. I mentioned this before with respect to the 2.0
spec, but we should have errata documents for each spec. I created a
wiki page to start collecting the errata for OpenID 2.0 Authentication
[1] and OpenID 1.1 Authentication [2]. Eventually, I'll get around to
filling them in with what I know, but if someone else wants to step up
and start collecting the errata, your efforts would be most welcome.

Eventually, I think we should put them in more official documents, but
I hope this will be an effective way to collect the errata.

j3h

1. http://wiki.openid.net/Errata_-_OpenID_2.0_Authentication
2. http://wiki.openid.net/Errata_-_OpenID_1.1_Authentication