[OpenID] SpreadOpenID.org launched

Thomas Huhn thomas.huhn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:33:08 UTC 2008

Hi everyone!

Carsten Poetter and me are trying to give OpenID a kick start into 2008 and
we hope to have your full support:

We have launched http://spreadopenid.org today, a site that is dedicated to
supporting users in finding 'their' provider and understanding what are the
important facts in this decision process.

The goal of Spread OpenID is to complement the official OpenID.net site with
content that cannot be found there (at least not presented in the same way).
The intended audience is the average internet user.

At this time the key feature of the site is an OpenID provider comparison
that is built on a survey we did among a number of well known providers.

Some of the providers we had sent the survey to didn't reply, some did not
want to participate. Nevertheless we hope to add more providers to the list
in an ongoing process.

As there has been some delay between the survey and the launch of Spread
OpenID, there might have been changes in the meantime. So please send an
email if you think something should be corrected.

If you're missing a provider on our list, just propose it to us and we'll
see if this one is interested to join our survey.

We're thankful for every link love we can get, esp. from sites accepting
OpenID logins and looking for a way to provide their users with an easy way
to find 'their' OpenID provider.

If there's somebody out there with some graphic skills, we would also
appreciate your ideas and your help in creating some badges that people can
put on their blog to show their support for Spread OpenID.

We're looking forward to hear your feedback. Please use admin [at]
spreadopenid [.] org to get in touch.

Happy new year!

Thomas & Carsten