[OpenID] Continuous OpenID

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Jan 3 19:23:10 UTC 2008

I read the Liberty document quickly. I think it said:

Be a web service client and engage in a SASL dialogue with a token mint to negotiate the type and value of tokens required...for subsequent presentation to a web service provider using SOAP extension headers.

1. when the SASL provider (aka token mint) is a "discovery" service, the concept of operations is openid-like - controlling via a discovery protocol the issuance of authorization to release and use tokens (including crypto session tokens, presumably).  In openid...one says something similar: without completing XRD-based name discovery before openid auth (or after in the cardspace auth case), the RP is not authorized under the policy (controlling this NTCB) to process the token.

2. when the SASL provider is an SSO (rather than the discovery) service, the service does not seem particularly openid-like.