[OpenID] OpenID Board Election Results: Sincere Thanks to All! Let Us All Work Together!

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Sun Dec 28 01:47:15 UTC 2008

Please let me address particularly all of those who have not been elected or
re-elected, to tell them that we are considering them as highly experienced
and immensely valuable to OpenID and the Foundation. Together, we will
continue efforts to insure the success of OpenID in the world, and build on
all that former and current members of the Board had accomplished. We know
that their contributions to the Mailing List and to the various Committees
will continue be invaluable. They will continue their work establishing
Local Chapters in their respective countries.

And since we are recruiting new Corporate Members (speaking of which-I am
hoping to see TELCO come aboard very soon!), we will be able to broaden the
New Community Board.

As soon as January First, I will be at the service of the whole OpenID
Community with the New Board.

Composition of the New Community Board

The composition of the New Board is as follows:

Elected to serve 2-year terms:

- Snorri Giorgetti             106 votes

- Nat Sakimura                   89

- Chris Messina                  76

- David Recordon              76

Elected to serve 1-year terms:

- Eric Sachs                           62 votes

- Scott Kveton                    57

- Brian Kissel                        55

You can see the complete results here:
<http://openid.net/2008/12/27/openid-board-election-results/>
http://openid.net/2008/12/27/openid-board-election-results/

I am convinced that the New Board will be able to give OIDF vigor and
impulsion.

Please allow me to express a personal reflection on Nat Sakimura's election.
Nat's name and mine will give a new "European-Asian" face to the OpenID
Foundation and will remind everyone that the Foundation has been created to
promote the interests of the Worldwide Community.

My Thanks to all the Members

I would like to extend my thanks to all 175 persons who have voted, and also
to remind them that, during the course of the year, they will be called upon
to participate in other votes or polls.

May also reiterate that you only have two days left to vote on the
<http://openid.net/2008/12/22/member-vote-to-approve-the-pape-specification/
> PAPE Specification
<http://openid.net/2008/12/22/member-vote-to-approve-the-pape-specification/

http://openid.net/2008/12/22/member-vote-to-approve-the-pape-specification/

Of course, in 2009, we will develop actions to increase the number of new
Members; several of our efforts will be directed towards medium-sized
businesses.

This is just the beginning of a New Era for OpenID! Let us all pull together
to make it happen!

-Snorri

Copy on my post:
<http://snorrigiorgetti.com/blog/2008/12/sincere-thanks-to-all-let-us-all-wo