[OpenID] Does Google have a "Sign in with your Google Account" button?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 01:37:50 UTC 2008

Eric Sachs wrote:
>  >> Does Google have such a button?
> Not at this time,
> see http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OpenID.html#loginUI
>
> If you think we should provide some, let me know and I can pass that on
> to the team who is responsible for that type of issue

I'm currently implementing an OpenID login form which asks the user to
choose a provider and then either presents a form with a username field
or presents the provider's directed identity sign-in button, depending
on how that provider is configured.

Basically I'm just trying to avoid adding another variation for
"provider that does directed identity but doesn't have a button".

I can't really comment on the UX merits of this since I'm just
implementing a UI design done by a UI designer here.