[OpenID] Dailymotion Implements SSO Solution with OpenID! :)

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Tue Dec 23 22:31:56 UTC 2008

On xri

Took from 1986 to make ldap names/queries global. Now they are everywhereB buried in voip, just as itu-t intended! Xri slowness ( given xri is just ldap plus a bit) doesn't worry me. Giving users xris seems a little "out there".

Xri seems most useful in the short tem for sp discovery, making a validation service for the https/pki issues ops face (when sp realms are expressed in hxri form).

Xri providers could then express/enforce the op-sp trust models, per op (and per sp). There are lots of mostly ipr controlled ways of doing that in practice: from signed P3P and its policy references to xacml to lampson tree walking across (hxri) namespaces to a pki-based trust overlay leveraging x509's much maligned policy constraint-walking/mapping algorithm (from entrust/nortel).

What we need is lxri libraries: addressing nothing but signed xrds for openid idp and sp discovery.