[OpenID] [OpenID board] wiki.openid.net is now set up

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sat Dec 20 02:37:57 UTC 2008

Dick

I did a fair amount of testing of pbwiki, last year (trying to find a sp service business grade which I could give to our members to try out (and which would use the openid2 op service we paid trustbearer to offer for us)).

>From today's trials, Pbwiki still does not have the level of websso quality we'd require. I've no doubt its wiki service is excellent and business grade.

plaxo and pbwiki were the only 2 saas vendors I (then) considered mature enough to be given to our members. Plaxo was on the whole excellent in all respects except the fees were just out of the ballpark (for realtors): pbwiki failed the openid integration tests, as repeated today.

I know how hard this all is to do operationally, and maintain: we do it ourselves (with saml websso). What I want is someone to show me the uci model done right and at business grade (and affordable for realtors). Google apps is close to nirvana,but doesn't (yet) offer openid. Plaxo was excellent in openid integration, but don't seem to be able to hit the price points that realty typically pays.

If we could help pbwiki recognize and fix the protocol issues, I think they are pretty close to ready. Then, there is just the point of ensuring they support the same CAs as does the foundation (or any other customer of theirs): so 1) users are not "denied" at one foundation service, while "accepted" at another and 2) are denied at pbwiki for all cas where they were denied access (for reason of ca) at the voting site.