[OpenID] More on the Visa analogy (another question-set for candidates)

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Dec 19 21:14:16 UTC 2008

On Dec 19, 2008, at 1:03, SitG Admin wrote:

> Have you consciously avoided "politics" during this election?
> (Answer for however YOU define politics; if in the affirmative,
> please explain what you understand politics to be.)

So far, the OIDF board hasn't been very political -- which has been
one of the great things about it, and I hope we can keep it that way.
So I'm not surprised that the elections aren't very political either.
Regardless how you define "politics" ;-)

> What questions have been asked, that you know of offhand? Which
> questions, if any, did you NOT answer? Per question, explain WHY you
> did not answer it - i.e., the answer could have hurt your vote
> count, you didn't know the answer, you didn't see any need to even
> address the issue, etcetera.

I think I skipped some where I was basically in agreement with
everybody else and the issue did not seem to be contentious. No need
to fill everybody's inbox with long missives saying "I agree". I may
have missed some buried inside some of the longer threads; that's a
"may" because by definition, I don't know ;-) I'm hoping for somebody
to insist if they really wanted a particular question answered.

> Were there any questions that you are STILL thinking about? Please
> be up-front with whether your silence on any questions has been due
> to not wanting to speak until you have come to any sort of
> conclusion, or you have already made up your mind but simply haven't
> said yet what it is that you *do* believe.

There are a ton of questions whose answers are unclear, or where there
are multiple competing answers. This list here contains many of them
in some fashion:
	http://wiki.openid.net/OpenID_Foundation/Strategy

Many of them depend on how the new board will organize itself, by
which principles it decides to operate, and how it decides to interact
with the local chapters and the community. If elected, what I may or
may not believe there is less important than what consensus we may or
may not be able to forge. I believe I have outlined my basic point of
view earlier.

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst