[OpenID] What if we added a Micro-Blogging badge on the OpenID.net Home Page? (Was: Logitech released One-seg TV tuner with OpenID enabled chat community)

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Thu Dec 18 22:08:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

There are many precious nuggets of information relating to, or concerning
OpenID that never appear on OpenID.net. This type of information eventually
comes to the ML, or on foreign blogs.

Today, the Wordpress (WP) on our site is limited to large articles which
often remain on the home page for several weeks, because only a few have
access to WP and have the time to post.

I think that adding a "Badge" to post Micro-Blogs would be powerful and that
it would add vitality to the page. We could start this as soon as January
2009 by adding a micro-blogging OpenID News/Live directly on the home page
(with the date, the country of origin / the author, and the name of the
company), but this time we would grant access to a much larger number of
people in the Community. The format would be rather similar to Twitter.

It is up to us to find the best possible tool for this (of course this
should not be an RSS Feed aggregator; the information has to be brief,
concise and may also refer to an outside link)

As an example, Nat would have been able to publish the News he wanted to
share with us in just a few seconds:  it would have appeared directly on the
OpenID Home Page:

"December 18 - Japan - Oshaberi TV - Logitech as released a USB One-seg TV
tuner that.."

We would be just like CNN  ;)

Just imagine how this would energize readers, as practically every day
something is happening in the world that concerns OpenID.

What do you think of the idea?

Should I become a member of the team, I will come back in greater detail to
this project, which I would like to present to the Board early next year :)

-Snorri

Logitech as released a USB One-seg TV tuner that comes with a real-time chat
community "Oshaberi TV".
Oshaberi TV is a chat community which allows the TV watchers to chat about
the program in real time.
This community is OpenID enabled. (Press release mentions of Yahoo! and mixi
OpenID.
I am not sure if it is limited to those.)

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/