[OpenID] popup protocol UX? Re: FB Connect, OpenID and UX

Wed Dec 17 22:03:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Allen Tom <atom at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I don't think we'll be able to have standard popup size because
> different OPs will have different UX requirements. Also, OPs which
> support multiple languages will probably need differently sized popups
> to support different languages.
>
> OPs can resize the popup in JS, so perhaps there can be a default popup
> which can be resized dynamically as needed.

Isn't this too much of a detail?

IMO the discussion should focus on:

1. how to brand that window to be clearly associated with OpenID
2. how to offer space for RP branding (as I assume they will require this)
3. how to make sure that the end user (non-tech user) has a way to
validate the window  URL and has immediate access to help (to
understand what he is going to do)

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.