[OpenID] Several Questions for the Current & Future Board

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Wed Dec 17 18:27:07 UTC 2008

On Dec 16, 2008, at 15:51, Dick Hardt wrote:

> My point is that you are insinuating that the board was spending
> money like drunken sailors ...

I am not insinuating that at all. I couldn't insinuate even if I
wanted to -- because I simply don't know because I have not seen
sufficient information that allows me to tell whether that is true or
not.

To be clear, I do believe that everybody on the current board is
basically honest and no bad things have happened. But they also said
that about Enron. As board member of any organization, I don't believe
one can live up to one's fiduciary responsibilities by simply
believing everything is fine.

The whole point is that a board needs to know what is going on,
financially, on a regular basis. At every board meeting is the
schedule that I'm familiar with, and that's what I've been advocating.
But of course I'm repeating myself here ... and we are spending far
more time arguing about this than it would take to have QuickBooks
generate a BS, a P&L, and CF summary and e-mailing it out. Which is
why I really don't understand that we even have this argument because
it costs a lot more time and energy than doing the right thing in the
first place.

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst