[OpenID] FB Connect, OpenID and UX - general Security Services

Tue Dec 16 08:53:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Steven Livingstone-Perez
<weblivz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [snip /]
>
> I mean building AS PART of the browsers would be the logical way to do all
> this, but as an alternative, an approach such as that provided by these
> existing security companies could also work well. I mean the key issue is
> knowing that the "service" doing all of the core identity work is trusted –
> whether that be the browser itself or an external trusted application.

While, I do think this might work, lets keep in mind that asking
people to install 3rd party tools is not usually showing a high rate
of adoption. Secondly, the more 3rd party tools you are depending on
means a lot more places to track possible vulnerabilities.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  Alexandru Popescu