[OpenID] Logging in problem

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 23:06:26 UTC 2008

I'm still seeing a bucket of FAIL on:
https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration

Not trying to be an ass, but the user experience here is confusing.

If I select a membership option without signing in with my OpenID and hit
"Next Step", the page refreshes without any error message or indication of
why I wasn't able to continue with my registration.

It seems that I shouldn't be able to get to this page unless I've verified
my OpenID, which, if that's the case, you should detect whether I'm
authenticated and if not, bounce me to:

https://openid.net/foundation/members/

...where I'm forced to sign in with OpenID to advance.

In other words, navigating directly to:

https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration

causes problems, or at best, affords a confounding user experience.

Chris