[OpenID] Shade's questions - Privacy for Foundation members

Jack Cleaver jack at jackpot.uk.net
Mon Dec 15 12:19:47 UTC 2008

Peter Williams wrote:

> To your challenge! I cannot cite the language I read, as I could not
> (just now) access the registration / legal agreements. It just says
> on clicking next, for the $25 subscription level:
>
> "The change you wanted was rejected. Maybe you tried to change
> something you didn't have access to".
>
> I'll GUESS I have openid-generated persistent cookies hanging around
> and the subscription module somehow knows of early its reliance on
> myopenid .. from the last-time I started to registered - before
> abandoning the transaction. This MAY be confusing the subscription
> logic.  But, who knows! It didn't work.

Yowww! I just tried to look that stuff up for you, and I got the same
message. I've never tried to register for membership before, and I have
just tried it with two different browsers; same result.

I suppose that means that it's currently impossible to register for
$25.00 membership. It certainly doesn't seem to be easy.

--
Jack.