[OpenID] Anti-endorsement of Eran Hammer-Lahav

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Dec 14 22:54:34 UTC 2008

In an assertion/reliance model, it is incumbent on  the receiver to establish the validity criteria. There are no intrinsically valid assertions. If the chair of some WG sets the rules (as I said), s/he can refuse to recognize the contribution (on any criteria grounds that suit his/her fancy). Contribution goes into bit bucket, like all my emails.

S/he is the validation point, and its his/her reliance rules!

Eran can set the filter to prevent email distribution from anyone who is not on his list, as defined by his reliance criteria.

This is nothing more than the trust/reliance model that openid has not standardized, leaving it to operators. Eran is just one operator - with a particular set of criteria. For all I know, he will reject an https OpenID that does not use a CA from some criteria set, too.

Who knows! It's up to him!