[OpenID] (privacy) endorsement, John Bradley

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Sun Dec 14 22:30:56 UTC 2008

>Personally I don't have a problem with anonymity on the general list
>as long as the comments are within the acceptable norm.
>
>I consider your posts to well within that norm, so no problem there.

Thank you. I think everyone on the list is anonymous, at least to me;
I don't go Googling names/addresses seen here, anyway, so I only know
most people here by what they've posted. I also treat names given as
handles; I "know better" than to treat them, in my mind, as "names"
per se.

>On the other hand there is a need for transparency and
>accountability on the Board and in the Working Groups.

Agreed, vigorously. These people have powers beyond the ordinary
community, so they should shoulder appropriate responsibilities as
well.

Members of the Foundation have additional powers as well (namely,
voting), but it doesn't seem appropriate for them to approve the
disclosure of their personal information to anyone beyond, say, the
relevant officers on the Board - membership, finances?

>I don't think anyone is advocating anonymous board members?

I don't think so, no - I don't think it's even come up (before you
asked now, of course).

-Shade