[OpenID] Anti-endorsement of Eran Hammer-Lahav

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Sun Dec 14 21:25:40 UTC 2008

>Of course the problem with your position is that you seems to be the
>only person in this entire community who hides behind an alias.

What is being hidden? Explain the value of knowing some "real" name,
to anyone but a stalker. Consider how much you do not know about
anyone else here.

Think of me (and Peter) as representatives of a little-heard-from
group, just like most users will simply stop using OpenID and thus we
rarely hear from users what the problems were outside of organized
studies. People who care about privacy may simply have not seen any
point in joining an OpenID community at all, so *of course* you never
hear from THEM about problems - as far as they're concerned, they can
just not use your service!

>You are also not a member, will not join as a member, but still
>would like your voice to count.

Of course! In exactly the same way as my voice has ALWAYS counted: by
making various points, with the quality of my reasoning to entice
other people to agree with me. In exactly the same way as ANYONE'S
voice has ever counted, who has not joined the Foundation but is
still a member of the community.

-Shade