[OpenID] Anti-endorsement of Eran Hammer-Lahav

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Dec 14 20:07:56 UTC 2008

I don't see why one should have to be personally identified when contributing electronically to a Working Group.

Perhaps there is a balance.

Legal names for subscription (where you a paying, anyways, by visa).

But openid (or other) pseudonyms for WGs are OK. Nyms are obviously welcome here.

I cannot see why anything else would be mandatory. (Will it ever become a clause 2 issue!!)

At the same time, I don't object to some particular WG chair imposing his/her own per-WG rules. Schisms are likely, but that's all part of the fun!

(IETF WG chairs quite often turn to an authoritarian style - after a sustained period of political frustration. Schisms are quite rare tho, as they have strong and well-experienced steering group)