[OpenID] Purpose of OpenID Foundation and the Elections

Jack Cleaver jack at jackpot.uk.net
Fri Dec 12 19:38:35 UTC 2008

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:
> Yes. I consider brand to be a subset of product, but there is no need
>  to get philosophical.

I appreciate Pat's contribution, and the distinction he makes between a
brand and a product is not a philosphical one.

There is a variety of commercial and free OpenID products, but none of
those products is the same as the OpenID brand. Suggesting that the
Board should be engaged in promoting "the OpenID product" is therefore
at best confusing. At worst, it sounds like asking the Board to pick a
favourite (which I'm sure isn't what anybody means).

--
Jack.