[OpenID] Voting confidentiality

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 11 06:05:01 UTC 2008

Some of you have asked questions about the confidentiality of votes for the board election.  Your votes are private and will never be seen either by the candidates or other members.  Two members of the elections committee, myself and Raj Mata of Yahoo, who are not standing for election, are administrators of the election and have access to the totals in order to be able to report the results.  We also have access to the individual votes, in case it should become necessary to audit the results.  Two committee members have access, rather than one, so we can check each other's conclusions.

We have 17 great candidates for 7 positions.  Please cast your votes!

                                                                -- Mike