[OpenID] Dick Hardt joins Microsoft -- will represent Community at OIDF

Dick Hardt dick.hardt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:38:23 UTC 2008

I'm announcing today that I am joining Microsoft in January[1],[2]

I'm running for a community seat on the OpenID Board and am announcing
my move earlier then I would like because the elections are about to
start, and want to ensure I am transparent.

Although my future employer will be Microsoft, a condition I required
to run for a community seat would be that my actions and directions as
an OpenID Foundation board member would be independent from
Microsoft's directions.

If the community elects me to the board, I will continue to be
independent (easy to do for those that know me) and will be doing what
I think is in the best interest of the Community.

One way of viewing this is that the OpenID Community now has another
major proponent at Microsoft.

Questions: feel free to email me privately or on this list.

-- Dick

[1] Professional details http://identity20.com

[2] Personal details http://blame.ca