[OpenID] We Need Less Bureaucracy But Also More Transparency

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Sat Dec 6 01:31:28 UTC 2008

>I keep wanting to see us move to Google Groups

So long as we can make clear that it isn't an endorsement? ;)

I understand that Google has an interest in *their* system being
used, and offering a mere publicly searchable archive (open Gmail
account subscribed to the list) wouldn't stop users from using their
*other* systems, but the topology of such a solution resembles the
idea of UCI: instead of going with a single central interface, users
go with the list (their 'open' choice) and can login to Google with
their OpenID's to see an aggregated dataset (or, if they like what
Google is marketing, opt to upgrade to a Gmail account so they can
begin integrating their private messages with that dataset, too).

-Shade