[OpenID] Contributing to the website

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Fri Dec 5 23:40:06 UTC 2008

>As one of the people who is accountable, I see the problem being
>expressed is others not knowing how we make decisions or how they can
>more easily contribute.  That should be fixed.  We've already shown
>that others are able to contribute whether it be upgrading the
>WordPress installation, writing site content, or blogging but all of
>those currently require people seek us out if they want to contribute.

I would very much like to see some guidelines on desired/acceptable
content. I have, for instance, a (very strong) *suspicion* that
analogies for OpenID would help it become understandable to potential
users/providers in areas not already having to do with identity, and
I've had some ideas for such analogies (which I can easily write up
on my own), but I've just put them on hold because I don't KNOW of
anyone who would be interested in such things. Also, if the rate of
news increases, I would suggest putting all non-major news under a
one-line "cut" so that the major news still appears on the first page
(without scrolling down) and doesn't require following a link, but
those interested in "analogy for OpenID using investigators and
security clearances" could look at it (and, of course, this could
optionally be integrated with OpenID later on, as other volunteers
helped with site software, to "cut" the news a user found
uninteresting and expand the news they usually found fascinating).

And is there an RSS feed for the news on the main page? I don't think
items even get cross-posted to this list, which is a shame since it
means that anyone not regularly visiting openid.net could easily go
for long periods of time unaware that there were any updates.

-Shade