[OpenID] We Need a Site Editorial Committee (Was: Changes to the OpenID Foundation member page login)

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Dec 5 22:52:19 UTC 2008

A problem of accountability cannot be solved with a mailing list I'm
afraid.

We don't need accountability on all issues, or even most. But we do
need it on a few, and this is one of them.

Which is why there needs to be a body with a defined membership and a
defined decision making process, chartered by the board of the
foundation.

If that body then decides that it conducts all of its business on a
mailing list, all the better.

But starting with the mailing list instead of the accountability gets
it exactly backwards.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.