[OpenID] We Need a Site Editorial Committee (Was: Changes to the OpenID Foundation member page login)

Martin Paljak martin at paljak.pri.ee
Fri Dec 5 22:49:32 UTC 2008

On 05.12.2008, at 23:01, Chris Messina wrote:
> If we had *too* much content or too many folks eager to contribute,
> I'd think a voting committee might be necessary; as that's not the
> case, I think we can simply improve the situation with a few tweaks
> and some documentation on the [new] wiki.
I managed to delete a line from my last e-mail:

I think this is exactly the small evolution required to keep everybody
happy:
1. document the currently opaque process (list responsible names on
wiki with some explanation how/where/why changes happen)
2. publicly communicate *major* changes on some public mailinglist.

For me, the split between general/specs list is already too much. For
hardcore pedants  why not put the website source under svn or such and
have a commits mailinglist for discussion. I hope it's not yet at a
stage where all changes to the website need to be filed as a ticket,
discussed, voted and then committed with a 2 week testing period? If
yes, then it sounds like some government organization who fixes
spelling errors in about 1.5 months...
--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee