[OpenID] We Need a Site Editorial Committee (Was: Changes to the OpenID Foundation member page login)

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Dec 5 19:14:47 UTC 2008

This is not the first time that some change was made to the openid.net
site that was not discussed up-front and that seems to favor some
people / vendors in the community more than others -- something we
cannot afford to keep doing.

Remember the list of recommended OPs?
	http://openid.net/get/
I still don't know who maintains this list, and decides which vendors
are featured and which not?

Similarly, it is not clear who gets to blog on the openid.net front
page, and what they get to say.

I said it back then, and say it again: we need to charter a site
editorial committee (or whatever we call it) that decides those things
by a vote, and BEFORE anybody makes any changes, not after. That
committee needs to have diverse membership, and minute all of its
discussions and decisions so it is very clear how these things happen
and the membership can hold it accountable.

<self-serving>
If you members of the OIDF vote me on the board again, this will be
one of the first motions that I'll make.
</self-serving>

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst