[OpenID] What election?

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:43:57 UTC 2008

Wow, good to have you run for the board, Martin!
I have been pretty vocal on the closed nature of the OpenID board till now.
I am the person who made the comment that it is ironical that OpenID board
meetings are much more Closed than supposedly more closed Liberty Alliance
board meeting (which is actually very open.)

I am hoping the new board will make the board meeting at least as open,
transparent, and accountable as Liberty.

As far as the fees are concerned, I would push for "free" participation.
Of course, there has to be some benefit for being a "Paid" member, so there
needs to be some kind of difference between the free participants and paying
members, but it should not be the participation. I tend to see it as being
of more "marketing" benefit such as a logo program. We need to be creative
there.

=nat

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/