[OpenID] What election?

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Wed Dec 3 20:54:05 UTC 2008

> Statement, which brings me to another question: are the elections open
> or closed? Is there a list of all the people (or OpenID-s in that
> matter) who can vote? Is it OK if I use some other OpenID to pay
> another 25$ and vote for the guys I like one more time? Is the
> "election software" available somewhere for review?  Is the election
> procedure described somewhere?  Can I somehow edit my seconds after
> I've saved them before the deadline?

Some of your questions are answered here:

http://openid.net/2008/12/03/openid-foundation-board-of-director-nominations-open/

I don't believe there is a public list of all of the members' OpenIDs.

Technically you could spend $25/vote and tie them all to different
OpenIDs.  For obvious reasons, we would like to discourage this as the
goal is to have one vote per actual "real" member.

The election software is not currently available for review.  I don't
know why it can't be made available though.

I've just posted the election procedures here:

http://openid.net/board/members/oidf-election-procedures-20081120.pdf

Mike Jones: can you confirm that is the latest draft?  Its the one I
retrieved off of the board mailing list.

You cannot currently edit your seconds after you make them so choose
wisely the first time ... :-)  This is a great feature to add to the
election software.

Also, it was brought to my attention that there is no public list of
the current nominees.  This seems like a reasonable request to me and
I'll ask the developers of the election software to add that in.

- Scott