[OpenID] What election?

Martin Paljak martin at paljak.pri.ee
Wed Dec 3 20:27:07 UTC 2008

¡Hola!

So I decided to get involved and now I have the ability to log on
using my openid to a protected area on the openid.net website. Access,
for which I paid $25, as the only e-mail I got from oidf.org looks
more like a receipt from an online shop than anything else.

It also contains:
"You can log in to the membership area at any time at https://openid.net/foundation/members
. You can view and edit your personal details there, renew your
membership, and use some handy tools we're developing just for members."

Eran, I do agree with everything that addresses transparency and
openness in OpenID, so you got my vote. After all, the stress has
always been on the "Open" portion of OpenID, I hope.

Statement, which brings me to another question: are the elections open
or closed? Is there a list of all the people (or OpenID-s in that
matter) who can vote? Is it OK if I use some other OpenID to pay
another 25$ and vote for the guys I like one more time? Is the
"election software" available somewhere for review?  Is the election
procedure described somewhere?  Can I somehow edit my seconds after
I've saved them before the deadline?

I've taken part of e-voting  (over the internet, not at some vending
machine type of thing) here in Estonia twice so the questions should
be relevant and practical/technical. The purpose and outcome of this
election (OIDF and the board) is a different story.

Cheers,
m.