[OpenID] What election?

DeWitt Clinton dewitt at unto.net
Wed Dec 3 02:24:31 UTC 2008

Also worth pointing out that most of the highly effective people pushing
OpenID forward over the past 12 months (guys like Nat, Snorri, Brian Kissel,
Eric Sachs, Allen Tom, Chris Messina, etc) are not even on the board.   They
didn't wait for someone else to act; they went ahead and acted themselves.

That said, I'm not disagreeing with a single thing that Eran and others
expressed.  Just please don't forget that while the board is responsible for
running the Foundation, we are *all* responsible for making OpenID
successful, board member or not.  The board itself should be small potatoes
compared with the community at large.  If you are personally concerned with
the governance of the Foundation specifically, please do run for a board
seat.  (Now is the time!)  But no matter what, please participate in the
committees, join the working groups, write the specifications, build the
software, and evangelise the technology.  Ultimately that is the most
important contribution of all.

Oh, and please do join the Foundation as a member, and please do vote for
those that you feel best represent what you want the OpenID Foundation to
become.  I think we're all excited about holding the community elections.
It will be invigorating.

-DeWitt