[OpenID] SREG 1.x attributes

Shane B Weeden sweeden at au1.ibm.com
Mon Dec 1 21:20:23 UTC 2008

Just to be clear - I am not asking for more work to be done on defining
other SREG attribute types and names, I am simply asking for the spec not
to dictate that the listed attributes in section 4 are the ONLY allowed
attributes. There seems no logical reason to do so and it may result in
open source (and other) libraries implementing restrictions which offer no
benefits to consumers and may make some deployments harder. I really
didn't think it would be a big deal.

"Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.)" <eddy_nigg at startcom.org>
Sent by: general-bounces at openid.net
02/12/2008 05:33 AM

"general at openid.net" <general at openid.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [OpenID] SREG 1.x attributes

On 12/01/2008 09:02 PM, Martin Atkins:
> Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
>>
>> On 12/01/2008 07:58 PM, David Recordon:
>>> http://www.axschema.org/types/
>>>

>> So it would be fairly easy to extend exactly according to these types
>> and everybody is happy....or am I missing something?
>>

> It already has been extended according to these types. We called it
> Attribute Exchange. :)

Can you explain the call for extending SREG then and why AX isn't widely
implemented anywhere as far as I can tell? Or maybe that's the wrong
conclusion?

[attachment "smime.p7s" deleted by Shane B Weeden/Australia/IBM]