[OpenID] [foaf-dev] FOAF-based whitelisting project

Lukas Rosenstock lukas.rosenstock at identity20.eu
Mon Mar 12 09:23:15 UTC 2007

Am 11.03.2007, 15:58 Uhr, schrieb Dmitry Shechtman <damnian at gmail.com>:

> Publishing email addresses in the clear doesn't sound like the best
> solution
> to me. As for hashes, you don't need MicroID for that, since FOAF already
> offers it:
>
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/#term_mbox_sha1sum

Just for clarification where that part of my posting came from: You don't
need MicroID, because hashed e-mail-addresses can be represented in FOAF.
I just came up with that idea to build an e-mail trust system on top of a
simple OpenID plain text whitelist (as Simon Willison uses) if you do not
use FOAF.

> An anti-spam solution of an entirely different nature that would require
> virtually no effort on admins' part and that might ultimately solve the
> problem:
>
> <http://blog.phpbb.cc/2007/03/06/spamper-counter-attack-on-backlink-spam/>
>
> However, it has legal issues that have yet to be addressed.

Hm, doesn't seem like a good idea if it's not perfectly legal.