[OpenID] OpenID, P2P and decentralization

Paul Madsen paulmadsen at rogers.com
Fri Mar 2 19:55:33 UTC 2007

Hi David, before you listed that email of mine, you asked yourself 'Has
Paul made this identifier publicly available?' As I had, you felt it was
safe to broadcast it.

But, who is to say that I want all of my OpenIDs publicized in the same
fashion? I might use one only at a particular set of RPs or in a
particular context. If I share such a contextual OpenID with yourself in
order to represent some social connection between ourselve,  have I
given up all rights with respect to what you do with it?

OpenID is an IDP discovery mechanism and a SSO protocol, it shouldn't
dictate a particular privacy model.

paul