[OpenID] OpenID, P2P and decentralization

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Mar 2 16:38:32 UTC 2007

It seems that reasonable people -- which you all are -- are
disagreeing on this one.

So as a matter of principle, I think whatever technology is thrown at
this problem should have a built-in gradient of supporting both
opinions, and everything in between (say, my friends can see it but
not the general public). It may be that the slider=0 is what all
users will do, or slider=100% is what all users do, or -- what is
more likely -- different users choose different comfort zones. Which
is why the slider idea (that others have brought up before on similar
questions) is a good mental model methinks if put into technology
properly.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.

 http://netmesh.info/jernst